Purpose of this document is to make you understand, how to setup synchronizing Invoices between QuickBooksOnline account and Soffront CRM using Zapier. To automate this you need to create a Zap within your Zapier account.
Create a zap which will trigger whenever a new invoice record has been created in the QuickBooks and one action will take place in the Soffront Online CRM and create one invoice record there.
In the Soffront Online CRM Invoice will be created only if the matching Customer for which Invoice has been created in the QuickBooks is present in the Soffront Online CRM also.
Example: In the QuickBooks there are two Customers ABC Ltd. and XYZ Inc.
In the Soffront Online CRM only XYZ Inc. is present.
Now, if 2 invoices are created in the QuickBooks one for each Customer then after you run the Zap, invoice created for XYZ Inc. in the QuickBooks will be created in the Soffront Online CRM under XYZ Inc.
a. Make sure you have an Zapier account and access the Zapier application by using following link:
b. You should have an account with QuickBooks Online.
c. You should have an account with Soffront CRM.
d. Make sure you have added Invoice as child object of Accounts in Soffront CRM from the Settings > Database page.
1. After you log into the application, click on MAKE A ZAP! Link, as shown below:
Once you click on MAKE A ZAP! Link following section comes up:
2. You need to choose the application between which you want to automate the tasks. You need to choose the QuickBooks Online from the Choose a Trigger app… drop down list.
3. Once you choose the Trigger app, Choose a Trigger… drop down list will appear. This list will populates all the triggers supported by QuickBooks Online. Select New Invoice trigger.
Now choose Soffront CRM from the Choose an Action app… drop down list.
4. Once you choose Soffront CRM, Choose an Action… drop down list will appear. This list will populates all the Actions supported by Soffront CRM. Select Create Invoice action.
5. Click on Continue which will enable Stage 2 of the Zap creation process, where you need to select a QuickBooks account.
6. Click on Connect a QuickBooks Online Account button, following popup comes up. Provide a meaningful name as shown below and click on Continue.
Once you click on Continue button following dialog appears:
7. Provide your QuickBooks Online login credential and click on Sign In. Authorization dialog comes up as shown below:
8. Click on Authorize, it will take some time and after authorizing the QuickBooks Online account show the “Account is working” message as shown below:
9. Now click on Continue which will enable Stage 3 of the Zap creation process where you need to select the Soffront CRM account.
10. Click on Connect a Soffront CRM Account button, following popup comes up. Provide a meaningful name and also provide the API key generated from your Soffront CRM login as shown below:
API key can be generated by following the path mention in the above screen shot.Your Generated API Key would look like this:
11. After providing the Name and API Key click on Continue button. It will take some time and after authorizing the Soffront CRM account show the “Account is working” message as shown below:
12. Now click on Continue which will enable Stage 4 of the Zap creation process where you can specify a criteria with the help of a filter that when the Trigger will fire in QuickBooks online. This is optional step hence if you want you can skip it.
Click on Continue to go to stage 5 which is Match up QuickBooks Online Invoice to Soffront CRM Invoices.
This section shows the fields from Soffront Online CRM, beside each Soffront Online CRM Invoice field Insert Field button is available.
13. Insert field button is allows you to map which Soffront Online CRM Invoices field will take value from which QuickBooks Online Invoice field.
You need to map fields one by one as shown in the image below:
14. Make sure you have mapped Company with Customer Display Name field while creating the ZAP, as shown below:
After you are done with all the filed mappings click on Continue to go to stage 6 which is Test this Zap.
15. Click on Test Soffront CRM trigger button. You will be provided some sample data to test if you want you can test or click on Continue.
16. Stage 7 will come up which Name and Turn this Zap on step.
17. Provide a meaningful Name and click on Turn Zap on button. Zap will be created successfully and shown in the My Zaps section under Dashboard.
18. Created Zap will run in every 5 minutes and find whether any new Customers record has been created in the QuickBooks Online CRM or not, if any new record found then that record will be created in the Soffront CRM.
Otherwise you can click on the drop down arrow on the extreme right against the Zap and select Run from the drop down list.
Zapier will look for any new Invoice record in QuickBooks Online and if found those will be created in Soffront CRM.