In this document we will learn how to create a “new customer” trigger and then synchronize QB and Soffront. To do so follow the steps given below:
1. After you log into the application, click on MAKE A ZAP! Link, as shown below:
Once you click on MAKE A ZAP! Link following section comes up:
2. You need to choose the application between which you want to automate the tasks. You need to choose the QuickBooks Online from the Choose a Trigger app… drop down list.
3. Once you choose the Trigger app, Choose a Trigger… drop down list will appear. This list will populates all the triggers supported by QuickBooks Online.
Select New Customer trigger.
4. Now choose Soffront CRM from the Choose an Action app… drop down list.
5. Once you choose Soffront CRM, Choose an Action… drop down list will appear. This list will populate all the Actions supported by Soffront CRM.
Select Create Customer action.
6. Click on Continue which will enable Stage 2 of the Zap creation process, where you need to select a QuickBooks account.
7. Click on Connect a QuickBooks Online Account button, following popup comes up. Provide a meaningful name as shown below and click on Continue.
Once you click on Continue button following dialog appears:
8. Provide your QuickBooks Online login credential and click on Sign In. Authorization dialog comes up as shown below:
9. Click on Authorize, it will take some time and after authorizing the QuickBooks Online account show the “Account is working” message as shown below:
10. Now click on Continue which will enable Stage 3 of the Zap creation process where you need to select the Soffront CRM account.
11. Click on Connect a Soffront CRM Account button, following popup comes up. Provide a meaningful name and also provide the API key generated from your Soffront CRM login as shown below:
API key can be generated by following the path mention in the above screen shot.Your Generated API Key would look like this:
12. After providing the Name and API Key click on Continue button. It will take some time and after authorizing the Soffront CRM account show the “Account is working” message as shown below:
13. Now click on Continue which will enable Stage 4 of the Zap creation process where you can specify a criteria with the help of a filter that when the Trigger will fire in QuickBooks online. This is an optional step hence if you want you can skip it.
Click on Continue to go to stage 5 which is Match up QuickBooks Online Customer to Soffront CRM Customer.
This section shows the fields from Soffront Online CRM, beside each Soffront Online CRM Customer field Insert Field button is available.
14. Insert field button is allows you to map which Soffront Online CRM Customer field will take value from which QuickBooks Online Customer field.
You need to map fields one by one as shown in the image below:
15. Once you are done with field mappings click on Continue to go to step 6 which is Test this Zap.
16. Click on Test QuickBooks Online trigger which will load the sample data to test the Zap.
17. Click on Test Zap with this sample button on any of the 3 sample data section. If the test is successful then same will be shown in the respective sample data section as shown below:
18. Click Continue button to complete stage 6 and go to Stage 7 which is Name and turn this Zap on.
19. Provide a meaningful Name and click on Turn Zap on button. Zap will be created successfully and shown in the My Zaps section under Dashboard.
Created Zap will run in every 5 minutes and find whether any new Customers record has been created in the QuickBooks Online CRM or not, if any new record found then that record will be created in the Soffront CRM.
Otherwise you can click on the drop down arrow on the extreme right against the Zap and select Run from the drop down list.
Zapier will look for any new record in QuickBooks Online and if found those will be created in Soffront CRM.