This feature lets the user to go to the detail view of the child record in a single click from the composite view of the list view. This feature has been implemented only for the list view in the parent level and not in the child level.
In the parent level list view, first field you chose for Related Table 1 or Related Table 2 will be hyperlinked. Once clicked the application will open the detail view of the respective child record.
As per the image below, user has configured First name of Contacts and Name of Groups as the first field of Related Table 1 and Related Table 2 respectively in the Accounts list view.
Hence, now the Accounts list view would be look like as shown below. Value in the First name column of Contacts and name column of Groups has been hyperlinked in the list view.
Once user clicks on the first column of any of the related table then detail view of the respective child record will come up in a new tab.
Title of the tab would be the value of the first column on which user clicked to go to the child record.
This functionality will work for all available field types except very few which are mentioned in the exception section below.
Note: There are some exceptions in this feature which we need to keep in mind:
- If Email type field has been set as the first field then make the second field as the hyperlinked field. Once user clicks on the Email id instead of opening the record open the Send Email page.
- If URL type field has been set as the first field then make the second field as the hyperlinked field.
- If Lead Score field has been set as the first field then makes the second field as the hyperlinked field. This is applicable for Accounts and Contacts.
- If any field of Attachment object has been set as the first field then instead of opening the respective record, download dialog for the respective record should come up.
- If any field of Note has been set as the first field in the child level then respective Note record will open in Edit Note pop up.
- If Task or Appointment child record has been opened by clicking on the first field of the child level then respective records will come up in edit task and edit appointment pop ups.
- If Billable field of Tasks has been set as the first field in the child level no value will be available and there will be no hyperlink.
- In the Composite view, view privilege configured in the Security level is being overlooked for child records, but once clicked users should not be able to open the record in a new tab.
- Hyperlink in the child column would be applicable to only for first 2 columns not for the rest of the columns after second column.