First step to import data is to prepare your data. It is very important to identify data issues in your Excel or CSV file, such as incomplete, incorrect, irrelevant, data . These issues must be resolved by replacing or modifying them to avoid redundancies and import errors.
Note : To import more than 5000 records, we recommend you to split your list into multiple files and import each file separately.
Here are a few suggestions which will help you to prepare your data for import
Open your Excel/ CSV file
- First row of the Excel or CSV file has to be the Field Names. These are the same Field Names that will be transferred over to Soffront Online CRM.
- Avoid having blank rows between the rows which contains data. (delete blank rows)
- You cannot have any special characters in your spreadsheet. Characters like #$%&*+ will cause the Import not to work correctly.
- Avoid unnecessary formatting of texts in the source file.
- Keep all your data in the first sheet, avoid having data in multiple sheets
- Date must be in MM/DD/YYYY format e.g. 12/31/2014
Now your Excel/ CSV file is ready to be imported.