Setup parent child field mapping to Autofill field values. This will automatically pull data from the parent record and fill in the child record so that you don’t have to fill in common information all over again.
Example: Setup parent child mapping between Accounts ( parent table) and Contacts ( Child Table). When a Account record is created it will automatically fill in common information such as Company name, address , city , state etc.
Follow the step below to set up Parent child field Mapping
- On home page click on All Settings under Settings.
- Click on Auto-Fill Values under Customization.
3. First select the Parent table from the dropdown list then select the child table from the drop down list and click on Go.
4. This page displays rows of fields which are already auto populated and two new fields with drop down list. The two new field with dropdown list helps you to select and add new rows of fields to the list.
5. Click on the first dropdown list to select the parent field then select the corresponding child field from the second dropdown list. Then click on Add to add it as a new row to the Auto-Fill value list.
6. To delete field mapping, mouseover on the right hand side of the field then click on the delete icon.
7. Once you are done click on Save button on top of the page to save all changes.
To check field mapping add a new Contact under an existing Account ( as we have mapped fields between accounts and contacts) In the example below you will notice that, the mapped fields are already filled in.